- Recipe type: Breakfast/Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Servings: 1
Are you tired of your breakfast? Or maybe you are having a difficult time fitting all that plant based protein into your daily macros! Well, check out these amazing plant based protein packed waffles created by the one and only Fit Vegan Chef.
These incredibly delicious, healthy, easy, and quick waffles are designed for fitness enthusiasts . This recipe is high in protein, oil-free, gluten-free, and soy-free. For this recipe, you will need a nonstick waffle maker and a mini food processor or blender.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water or plant-based milk
- Turn the waffle maker on to the highest heat setting. If you do not have a non-stick waffle maker, spray a little bit of coconut oil to prevent the waffles from sticking.
- In a food processor, combine oats, plant protein, flax meal, cacao powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Pulse 2 to 3 times.
- Add water and process all the ingredients until they are well combined and form a batter.
- Pour batter into the hot waffle maker and wait 1 minute before closing it. Heat waffles for 6-10 minutes or until desired consistency. I like mine crunchy, so I leave them for the full 10 minutes. Repeat the process until all the batter is gone. Enjoy hot.
Top with fresh berries, peanut butter powder, maple syrup, agave or whatever you want. The possibilities are endless.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 379
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fat 10g
- Protein: 33g