- Recipe type: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Servings: 75
Are you looking for a delicious dairy-free dessert for your next holiday? If so, look no further! Our chocolate brittle recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, and couldn’t be tastier!
- 48 saltine crackers
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound unsalted Earth Balance Coconut Spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups semisweet non-dairy dark chocolate chips
- Pecans, crushed candy canes, or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan or large cookie sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Place crackers side by side in a single layer on the foil
- In a small sauce pan, melt the sugar and butter, stirring constantly until they bubble (2-3 minutes)
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the vanilla.
- Pour evenly over the crackers. Using a spatula, spread to cover evenly.
- Bake Immediately for 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the crackers.
- Return to the top rack of the oven and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the crackers with a spatula.
- Sprinkle pecans and crushed candy canes over the top.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes before transferring to the freezer.
- Leave in freezer overnight. The next day peel off the foil and break the brittle into pieces.
- Keep frozen or refrigerated.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 92
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat 6g
- Protein: 1g
Recipe by Jenna Williams