- Recipe type: Post-Workout or Dessert
- Cuisine: Dairy-Free
- Servings: 1
Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
What is a protein mug cake? A protein mug cake is a single serve cake that uses a combination of protein powder, eggs (or vegan substitute), non-dairy milk and create a light, fluffy and gooey mug cake.
Unlike traditional mug cakes, protein mug cakes are super low carb, packed with protein and usually are made without flour or sugar.
We created a veganized version of the traditional protein mug cake – This fluffy and moist chocolate mug cake is made with Elevate’s Chocolate Brownie Protein Powder, and ready within 2 minutes. This delicious plant-based and sugar free chocolate mug cake tastes more like a chocolate cake dessert than a protein treat, but – It’s paleo, vegan, gluten-free and sugar free!
Try this quick and easy protein packed treat
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer w/ 4t tbsp water
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 packets of stevia
- 1tsp coca powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Elevate Chocolate Brownie or Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- Optional – Redi Whip dairy-free whipped cream
- Mix egg replacer with 4 tbsp of water until it is an egg yoke like substance, and place in a mug.
- Add Elevate’s Plant-Based Protein Powder, cocoa powder, stevia, baking powder, and 4 tbsp of almond milk. The mix will be thick (add more almond milk if needed). Be sure to keep thick enough so it cannot be poured out.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. You can eat it right out of the mug, or remove from the mug and slice into a cake!
Macronutrient Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fat 3.5g
- Protein: 25g
Recipe By: Elevate Founders, Jillian Salomone and Paul Salomone